Make a big list– 12/07/11 Finish all my exams– 27/06/11 Go to my first prom– 30/06/11 Go to Wimbledon and see some brilliant tennis-29/06/11 https://pseudopseudonymous.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/the-wonders-of-wimbledon/ Go to at least one concert– 03/07/11 Make a penny mirror– 07/07/11 Start a blog– 18/06/11
- Write a song
- Take some amazing photos
- Get a tan
- Discover some new music
- Tone my bum!
- Learn to make a new recipe
- Tie Dye!
- Meet some new people
Complete a Rubik cube– 26/07/11 https://pseudopseudonymous.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/one-life-ambition-down-plenty-more-to-go/
- Have a proper picnic
Go vintage shopping– 27/07/11
- See some London sights
Write a poem(s)– 10/07/11
- Find a new hobby
- Complete a 5k run without dying
- Revamp some old clothing
- Sew something from scratch
- Finish furnishing my bedroom
- Découpage something
- Enter a competition and win
- Get good exam results (optional!)
- Go to a festival
- Read 5 books from my reading list for next year
- Have a Harry Potter movie marathon
- Learn to play tennis and win a match
- See someone famous
- Write a short story
- Draw/Paint something/someone
- Redecorate a room
- Learn (or attempt to learn) to juggle
- Watch a whole season of a rubbish TV show
- Go to the beach
- Watch the top 10 films of all time (by IMDb)
- Go to the theatre
- Have some sort of driving lesson/experience
- Have a complete room sort out
- Visit a museum/gallery
- Make a playlist entitled “The soundtrack of my life”
- Draw a self-portrait
- Learn all 50 states of America (although I do not live there)
- Buy some new headphones
- Document my time fulfilling this list
- Complete all 50 items on “Big list of things to do this summer”
Procrastination meaning to defer/delay an action. Or in other words, what you’re doing right now.
I would consider myself a master at this particular art form, I have lots of experience. In fact, for the past 2 months I would have spent around 23 hours a day procrastinating as I have been on “study” leave while I revise for exams. I put study in quotation marks because although that is the ultimate aim, that doesn’t really happen. So to pass on my knowledge I have made my-
Top 5 ways to procrastinate:
1) Planning- I find myself planning to study more often than not, using the simple excuse, “That’s counts as revision right?” When really all I’ve achieved is meticulously planning out a rigorous revision schedule with timed tea breaks that I’m never going to follow. I even plan in extra planning time.
2) Procrastibaking- This word should be added to the dictionary as it is so commonly executed. It involves making any number of delicious things to consume at a later date. (Or help out with point 3!) I find myself spending hours crafting intricate sponge cakes and decorating them carefully or the cutest cupcakes with so much gaudy icing you’d get a headache just looking at them. Nevertheless I would consider this one of the most enjoyable forms of procrastination. Featured is the aftermath of one of my successful procrastibaking sessions.
3) Comfort Eating- It’s a must. The guilty feeling that comes as a consequence of procrastination can cleverly be masked by eating all the yummiest things you can find. Stress eating is never a good move but it’s so necessary! Eating Ben & Jerry’s and all my procrastibakes just makes me feel better. (Plus it means I can put off revising for longer!)
4) Cleaning Things- If my mum saw this one, she’d laugh her head off. I am one of the messiest people you’ll find! But desperate times call for desperate measures. I find an ingenious method of wasting time that should be spent doing useful things is disassembling my floordrobe, spending hours doing the dishes and having a big sort out of everything I own.
And last but definitely not least…
5) Blogging– I’m fairly new to this custom but I can tell it’ll definitely be a whopping big slice of the pie chart showing time I spend putting crucial tasks off. But it’s fun right? And do I really need to be doing all these things? Probably, yes. But oh well, I’ll just eat a great big piece of procrastibaking chocolate cake and be done with it.